Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV question- Need input on this

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

DV question- Need input on this

I just received a letter from a CA. They didn't valid the debt and they are asking for additional info from me.

Name/SSN/Date of Visit.

I used the DV letter from this site. Do I need to complete this letter or send it to the CRAs.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV question- Need input on this

I'd resend the DV. I would omit the date of visit, the balance, your SSN, and the OC, but I would include your name, your address at the time (if applicable), and would include any of the CA's identifying account numbers as listed on their dunning letter.

If "date of visit", then is this medical? There are two routes if this is medical (and I'd take yours). One is to send a DV then a PFD if you agree. The other is to follow the HIPAA process which would involve completely ignoring the CA and paying the OC instead.

Message 2 of 4
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Yes it's medical. I have no idea who the OC is for this bill. 

I will send back with only that info. I gave them my name. It's just amazing how a CA can put info on your credit report and then ask you for the date of visit. lol. 

I will submit the info that you suggested. 

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@meka1984 wrote:

Yes it's medical. I have no idea who the OC is for this bill. 

If you pull your report directly from the CRA or annualcreditreport.com, you'll find the OC.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.