Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV question

tag
Tay09
Regular Contributor

DV question

I have a Jefferson Capital entry on my report that is set to fall off in December 2012.   I want to send a DV letter in hopes of them not responding so I can get it off sooner, will this have a negative impact on me in any way?  If they verify, will it still fall off in December?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV question

@Shan922 wrote:

I have a Jefferson Capital entry on my report that is set to fall off in December 2012.   I want to send a DV letter in hopes of them not responding so I can get it off sooner, will this have a negative impact on me in any way?  If they verify, will it still fall off in December?

Actually, they never have to answer a DV.  Even if it was timely they wouldn't have to respond to it, they just couldn't continue collection efforts until they did.  It will still fall off in Dec.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DV question

+1

The DV process does not relate directly to credit reporting, and lack of verfication is never basis in itself for CR deletion.

The DV process is designed to bar debt collectors from continuing active collection of a debt until they communicate a finding of its accuracy to the consumer.

And as has been said, the consumer can only impose that cease collection bar if their request is sent within 30 days of the debt collector's dunning notice.

It doesnt appear that the DV process has much prospect at this point of compelling anything.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.