Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV removal during dispute?

tag
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

DV removal during dispute?

Recently I sent a DV with certified mail  to Stellar Recovery and about 1 week later the collection was removed from all 3 CRAs. I havn't received anything from them in regards to validation other than them removing from all 3 CRAs. I did not dispute with any of the CRAs so I know Stellar had to remove it. 

I'm just curious if I should be worried that after 30 days this might show back up. Do CAs usually remove from the CRAs after receiving a DV?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV removal during dispute?

@tomas247 wrote:

Recently I sent a DV with certified mail  to Stellar Recovery and about 1 week later the collection was removed from all 3 CRAs. I havn't received anything from them in regards to validation other than them removing from all 3 CRAs. I did not dispute with any of the CRAs so I know Stellar had to remove it. 

I'm just curious if I should be worried that after 30 days this might show back up. Do CAs usually remove from the CRAs after receiving a DV?

They do if they dont want to bother actually validating it and send it back to the OC or they cant validate it at all. It may come back with a different CA handling it but it cannot report any longer than the original OC can.

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For clarification, a CA does not have 30 days to respond to a DV.  That is the time you have to send a DV once you receive a dunning notice.

They do not have to respond at all, just not continue collection activity unitl they do.

I have had CAs removed after sending a DV.  It could mean they sold the debt, it was sent back to the OC or they just had no means to validate.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Whether they can simply re-report depends upon whether your DV was timely.

If you sent your DV either prior to their sending dunning notice, or within 30 days of dunning notice, then they are under a continuing cease collection bar until such time as they choose to provide valid\tion.  That bar incluses reporting of their collection to a CRA.

If your DV was not timely, then they are under no bar, and can report at any time.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.