Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV response is not my name or account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV response is not my name or account

The DV response that the lawyer for LVNV sent does not even list my name as the person the person to whom the OC extended credit. It also lists an account I have NEVER had in my life.

Someone please tell me what to do from this point. It was one of those 'internal' LVNV letters notarized by one of their notaries. It does not even comply with the FDCP.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: DV response is not my name or account

Dispute as "not mine" with the CRA. If it comes back verified, ask for a MOV. Also ask for a Full Media Validation from the collection agency and inform them that they are in violation of your rights, cite the laws that they are in violation of and remind them of the penalties that they could incur.

Message Edited by cadavis0609 on 09-13-2008 03:26 PM
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV response is not my name or account

Did it list a name? Does it give the OC and the original account number?

Have you tried contacting the OC?

I wouldn't dispute, chances are it will be verified. Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? AG? FTC?

Curious as to why you say it doesn't comply with FDCPA. What else does it have?

chromatech wrote:
The DV response that the lawyer for LVNV sent does not even list my name as the person the person to whom the OC extended credit. It also lists an account I have NEVER had in my life.

Someone please tell me what to do from this point. It was one of those 'internal' LVNV letters notarized by one of their notaries. It does not even comply with the FDCP.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 09-13-2008 06:46 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.