Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV response questions.

tag
chicharitta
Established Member

DV response questions.

A few weeks back we recieved a notice from First National Collection Bureau saying First Premier would accept a 50% settlement. $91 on $182. I immediately sent a DV. I also sent First Premier a 50%  PFD at the same time. First Premier said no dice. Today I get the DV back from FNCB. The sent copies of the last 3 sattements before the account was closed/CO'd. The problem is the last statemt shows a $127.35 balance not the $182 they claim. First Premier is also reporting as $182 on all CRA.

Where do I go from here? Is this proper validation? Im so confused and frustrated. I want to pay these last few debts and focus on growing my credit score. Im sick of keeping my post office in business dealing with this. Sorry I had to vent. I feel much better  now

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DV response questions.

Yes, it is proper validation.  They actually gave you more than is required.

Don't feel too bad, FP doesn't do PFDs for anyone.   I would counter FNCBs offer with the full amount for a deletion.

The difference in what is on the statement and what is being reported is more than likely late fees from FP.

Message 2 of 4
chicharitta
Established Member

FNCB is not reporting (yet). It looks like FP still own the account. They are reporting a balance in CR's and FNCB keeps referring to them as their client instead of the OC. Will PFD'ing them have any chance of working in this case?

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

FP is their client.  FP assigned the debt to the CA.

Offer to pay them for not reporting.  Try to get it in writing.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.