cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV to AFNI Inc for one account - They respond about another????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV to AFNI Inc for one account - They respond about another????

I sent a DV Letter to AFNI Inc regarding a collection for BellSouth Teleco

So today I receive a letter back.... In a nut shell it says

This letter is to verify that the above mentioned account is paid in full. If information on the account has been reported incorrectly to the credit bureaus, Afni will send notification to accurately reflect its current status.

It clearly says at the top of the letter - Original Creditor: Charter Communications

I wrote them a DV Letter about  - Bellsouth Teleco

In fact before I knew anything about DV letters I had called Afni and had them verify that the Charter collection was paid in full and they did. While I had them on the phone I had them use my SS# to see if I had any other collection accounts with them because I have a few on my CR with ABCDEFG1234 or some other sillyness as the name of the CA and they said "No just the one and it is PIF"

I later got my free CR and one of the silly named CA is in fact Afni - Hence the DV letter.

Should I dispute this collection to Bellsouth listed under Afni since they obviously can't verify it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tastycakes
Valued Member

Re: DV to AFNI Inc for one account - They respond about another????

1st Do you owe money to Bell South?

2nd I would try GW letters, at least for the Charter Communications one.  I just sent one to AFNI and they accepted and sent in a request to the CRA's to have my old PIF collection removed. Smiley Happy

6/2012 - TU 565 EQ 556 Smiley Sad
4/2009 - TU 663 EQ 657
3/2009 - TU 629 EQ 651
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't owe any money to Bellsouth.... At least that is what Bellsouth says.

NCO also shows as a collection for them I have sent them a DV letter as well... Im almost at 30 days with no response on that.

Im thinking I am going to wait until I hear back (or don't hear back) from NCO before I wash my hands of this Bellsouth thing once and for all!

Its outside of SOL so Im not worried about being sued and its only for $178 so I am willing to pay the full amount for a PFD if neccessary.

I think I am going to make a copy of this "PIF" letter for Afni and send it along with a GW letter to have them remove what they are reporting for Charter and Bellsouth...They obviously can't verify the Bellsouth one anyway and it is already being reported by NCO as well so it needs to go anyway!

These are the only collections I have on my CR so I may be able to make major improvements in one big swoop!

Yippeee!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at the last reported dates, assigned dates, and other dates like that for NCO and AFNI.

Which one has last reported? Who reported first?

This might help you figure out which one had it first.

I would send another DV for the BellSouth to AFNI and include a copy of the letter they responded with. I would state that you are not asking about Charter Communications account, you are asking about BellSouth.

If you do not believe you owe a BellSouth debt and they can not provide debt validation, then I would dipsute the debt with the CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.