Established Member
cubs4wsn2012

DV to credit control corp.

So I DV'd credit control corp on 4 collection accts from cox communications totaling 800$ and they sent back validation for all four on 1-3-13. Today I pulled TU and Equifax on myfico.com and all four collections were deleted and had a25 point increase on TU. Im happy but confused, they validated it but deleted all four collection accts! Hopefully they won't pop back up. Anyone else have this happen?

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Re: DV to credit control corp.

cubs4wsn2012 wrote:

So I DV'd credit control corp on 4 collection accts from cox communications totaling 800$ and they sent back validation for all four on 1-3-13. Today I pulled TU and Equifax on myfico.com and all four collections were deleted and had a25 point increase on TU. Im happy but confused, they validated it but deleted all four collection accts! Hopefully they won't pop back up. Anyone else have this happen?

I have had that happen before as well.. maybe they may feel their collection authority might be tenious so they validated hoping youd pay, but deleted knowing you could fight it if you wanted to...  its hard to tell

and as a Cubs fan your screen name made me LOL for minutes

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Established Member
cubs4wsn2012

It's wishful thinking as far as the cubs go lol! Thanks for thereply Scott. Did yours ever pop back up on your reports? 

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Hard to speculate.

However, their two actions do have potential benefit.

Validation lifts the cease collection bar, freeing them to conduct any other collection activities, and CR deletion removes the possibility of the consumer filing an FCRA dispute over its accuracy.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}