Established Member

DV to credit control corp.

So I DV'd credit control corp on 4 collection accts from cox communications totaling 800$ and they sent back validation for all four on 1-3-13. Today I pulled TU and Equifax on myfico.com and all four collections were deleted and had a25 point increase on TU. Im happy but confused, they validated it but deleted all four collection accts! Hopefully they won't pop back up. Anyone else have this happen?

Valued Contributor

Re: DV to credit control corp.

cubs4wsn2012 wrote:

So I DV'd credit control corp on 4 collection accts from cox communications totaling 800$ and they sent back validation for all four on 1-3-13. Today I pulled TU and Equifax on myfico.com and all four collections were deleted and had a25 point increase on TU. Im happy but confused, they validated it but deleted all four collection accts! Hopefully they won't pop back up. Anyone else have this happen?

I have had that happen before as well.. maybe they may feel their collection authority might be tenious so they validated hoping youd pay, but deleted knowing you could fight it if you wanted to...  its hard to tell

and as a Cubs fan your screen name made me LOL for minutes

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Established Member

It's wishful thinking as far as the cubs go lol! Thanks for thereply Scott. Did yours ever pop back up on your reports? 

Mega Contributor

Hard to speculate.

However, their two actions do have potential benefit.

Validation lifts the cease collection bar, freeing them to conduct any other collection activities, and CR deletion removes the possibility of the consumer filing an FCRA dispute over its accuracy.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.