Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV what is next?

tag
goose3500
Contributor

DV what is next?

I am helping a friend fix her credit because this site was very helpful to me.  I advised her to send DV letters to the collection agencies, we waited 45 days and neither collection agency verified the accounts, so what is the next step to get the accounts cleared off her credit. Thanks in advance 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV what is next?

There are different ways you can go with this.

My advice, just because this has always been the best route in my experience, is to file a complaint with the BBB. State the company is in violation of FDCPA by continuing collection activities without validating the debt. FTC opinion is that reporting on one's credit report is collection activity.

If you are in TX, they are in violation of state law as well.

You could also file complaints with the AG and FTC. My AG complaint was a waste, only filed once.

Message 2 of 5
goose3500
Contributor

i was under the impression the certified receipts from USPS should sent to EQ, EX and TU, to show that CA are verified yet. After the investigated then the accounts would be erased 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what most people will suggest doing. Some have had luck doing so, I did not.

The CRA doesn't care whether the CA is violating FDCPA or not and the CA does not care what FDCPA states because it is nothing to them.

I think the only time they are deleted as a result of doing that is when the CA doesn't respond or responds with "delete".

This is however my opinion.

Sending copies of signed green cards, CM labels, and the letters you sent is an option. Send them with a letter explaining the situation(there are sample letters on the forum) and send it CMRRR.

Include proof of your ID.

Message 4 of 5
goose3500
Contributor

will do, thanks
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.