Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVed two CA and got a call from 3rd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DVed two CA and got a call from 3rd

Received a collection letter from Allied Interstate, collecting for LVNV. Small balance, under 500 dollars.

I DVed LVNV and Allied Interstate, and then today I get a call from Resurgent, for the same debt. Should I DV them now too? Is this a sign that they cant validate so they just pass it off to one of their other entities? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DVed two CA and got a call from 3rd

@Anonymous wrote:

Received a collection letter from Allied Interstate, collecting for LVNV. Small balance, under 500 dollars.

I DVed LVNV and Allied Interstate, and then today I get a call from Resurgent, for the same debt. Should I DV them now too? Is this a sign that they cant validate so they just pass it off to one of their other entities? 

I'd DV them too once the letter comes or 2 weeks from now, which ever comes sooner.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats weird is that I DVed those guys on Friday...they sure move quick.
Message 3 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

i would DV them.  sounds like they're just passing the buck!
Message 4 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I would DV them and definitely do NOT talk to them on the phone.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I got the letter fromt he 3rd CA today, Resurgent. Inlcuded was a page titled "Validation of debt" and all it simply said was the account number, the OC, current owner (LVNV), original balance and current balance.

This is not proper validation correct? They need to send me hard proof correct?

I am going to DV them again. I received my green card from Allied interstate, but nothing back from LVNV.

I can pay in full, the amount is less and 500 dollars. Should I do another round of DV in a month or so if I dont get proper validation and then PFD or dispute with CRA?

Thanks 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^bump
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is reporting this debt on your CR?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only LVNV, for now.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What they are saying is that they are collecting for LVNV.  Both are CAs and only 1 can report even though LVNV owns the account.

The DV letter must read...name of the OC which is NOT LVNV!!

When you do not receive an answer from LVNV on the DV that you sent them.....file a dispute with all CRAs reporting!!!  You must wait 30 days from the date that the DVs are signed for.

Send a copy of the DV letter   copy of the cert paper and GC  along with the no answer letter.

It is a fact that 1 main CA may own many CAs under different names. They hand them off and hope that you do not know anything.

Send them a DV (even though they answered the one that you sent to another)   This might stop them from reporting and they must answer in their name.

Just because the new CA answered the DV.....it was not sent to them! So if the name of the CA that it was sent to doesn't answer  you dispute with all the info. above

The new CA might try to use that letter as the dunning letter   and if so they can not report untill 30 days after. They can NOT report if you DV them unless they answer your DV in their name.

What it really says is that they can't answer with the proper info.

Who is the OC anyway and what was the DOFD/DOLA?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-24-2008 10:22 AM
Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-24-2008 10:24 AM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.