cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW has ONE baddie, and boy is it a baddie...

tag
sphinx313
Established Contributor

DW has ONE baddie, and boy is it a baddie...

MIDLAND!

Did you expect any OTHER CA to be listed? My wife has 6 accounts in good standing. While all fairly new, we haven't missed any payments and she's getting CLI's on cards and I have not and have had the cards longer than she has. The ONLY bad thing on her credit report is this T-Mobile Midland collection for $400 or so. It came out of no where, and prior to 2013, she had ZERO credit. No baddies, no goodies. Obviously, as soon as she established some credit, Midland jumped at the opportunity to ruin someone's year, or 3. 

We received NO letters from Midland. Just appeared one day and tanked her score. They called her cell phone asking for payment, but we are out of SOL and Midland works with no one. Had I received a letter, I could've paid it before it ever reported. My wife is a year away from an Amex or CSP etc that I can be an AU on, lol. Of course, Midland destroyed that. I am pretty sure I have no recourse, as we all know Midland will not work with anyone. I paid my Midland for half price and it reports as "Paid Collection" and not as "Paid for less than full balance". That was a plus. I can't find a reason to pay them in her case other than in exchange for deletion. 

We're pretty sure the DoFD is in the realm of 2008-2009, maybe late 2007. By that, we have until about 2015 or 2016 for this to go away. Has anyone had any recent luck or anything with Midland? I'd gladly PFD, in full even, but I don't see it happening. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: DW has ONE baddie, and boy is it a baddie...

@sphinx313 wrote:

MIDLAND!

Did you expect any OTHER CA to be listed? My wife has 6 accounts in good standing. While all fairly new, we haven't missed any payments and she's getting CLI's on cards and I have not and have had the cards longer than she has. The ONLY bad thing on her credit report is this T-Mobile Midland collection for $400 or so. It came out of no where, and prior to 2013, she had ZERO credit. No baddies, no goodies. Obviously, as soon as she established some credit, Midland jumped at the opportunity to ruin someone's year, or 3. 

We received NO letters from Midland. Just appeared one day and tanked her score. They called her cell phone asking for payment, but we are out of SOL and Midland works with no one. Had I received a letter, I could've paid it before it ever reported. My wife is a year away from an Amex or CSP etc that I can be an AU on, lol. Of course, Midland destroyed that. I am pretty sure I have no recourse, as we all know Midland will not work with anyone. I paid my Midland for half price and it reports as "Paid Collection" and not as "Paid for less than full balance". That was a plus. I can't find a reason to pay them in her case other than in exchange for deletion. 

We're pretty sure the DoFD is in the realm of 2008-2009, maybe late 2007. By that, we have until about 2015 or 2016 for this to go away. Has anyone had any recent luck or anything with Midland? I'd gladly PFD, in full even, but I don't see it happening. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Unfortunately, unpaid debt doe not go away. If the SOL has expired that just means they can't legally sue you in court. 

@sphinx313 wrote:

MIDLAND!

Unfortunately unpaid debt does not go away. If the SOL is expired that just means they can't legally sue you in court. I would call T-Mobile to see if they can recall the account or accept payment. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.