Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad's name on my Transunion report?

tag
Keebs1
Established Member

Dad's name on my Transunion report?

First of of all Hello to everyone.  I am new here and the info has been very helpful.  I have been using some of the info from here to start re building my credit.  On my Transunion report my fathers name as the main name and mine is showing as the also know as.   My SS is on the report as well as my DOB.  It only gives me the option of deleting my name not my fathers.  I assume that is becasue his is shown as the "primary" name.  What can I do?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Dad's name on my Transunion report?

Send the CRA a letter with your identification and social security number.  Tell them the primary is not you but your father and you want his name taken off.

Is any of his TL showing up on your CR?

Message 2 of 8
Keebs1
Established Member

Sounds good thx. Yes, numerous of his TL's show up, both good and bad.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That isn't good.  I would also include a copy of your CR showing his TLs and ask they also be deleted.

What has me concerned is the fact that it is showing him as the primary.

Message 4 of 8
Keebs1
Established Member

I know it has me concered as well.  It has his name as the primary but my SS & DOB.  I already disputed some items online I don't know how that will affect anything.

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I wouldn't dispute anything now.  Send the letter, or you can even call the CRA and talk to them about it. They will tell you exactly what you need to send in.

Message 6 of 8
Keebs1
Established Member

I already submitted the disputes.  I amgoing to call tho and see what happends.  Thanks for the advice.

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

You dont need a dispute flag to resolve an administrative issue.  And you cannot use the direct dispute process, as direct disputes pertaining to personal information are exempt from that process. 

I would put together a simple statement signed by both you and your dad, providing the personal identifiers of each, such as SSN, full name, and address.

By including him in the request, it will forgo any issue that could possibly by rasied as to any non-concurrence on his part.  He is also indirectly involved.

Just as important is to send a copy to those reporting to your credit report, as if they dont also correct their records, the error could creep back in when their next reporting is received.

'

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.