Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datatrace

tag
ficophobic
Contributor

Datatrace

Has anyone heard of the CRA Datatrace? I applied for a rental and was denied based on their reporting. Evidently, the owner of the house wants the renter to have a credit score of 650. What!!! If I had a 650 I would buy a house not rent it. Anyway, I called the number for Datatrace but they were closed. I will definitely call on Monday. I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with them.
Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 529
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Datatrace

I have never heard of them.  I did a google search and all I can find out is they are located in TX.  They list themselves, as you said, as a CRA.

You can always ask what credit score is required before applying.

Message 2 of 7
ficophobic
Contributor

I will definitely call for a copy of report. I don't think their inquiry hurt too much since I had 4 inquiries fall off yesterday.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the inquiry was on Data Trace, I doubt they pulled from the normal CRAs.  I could be wrong.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are they formally a CRA on their own, or are they a party who uses information obtained from other sources to report to a CRA?  Big difference under the FCRA.

What exactly is their business and status?

If considered a CRA in their own right, they are subject to all of the provisions of the FCRA, and you are entitled, based on the denial, to a copy of whatever they provided the landlord. They would also be subject to the FCRA dispute process, and thus required to conduct a reinvestigation of any information in their files that you consider inaccurate.   However, if they are merely a furnisher of information to a CRA, your entitlement is only to the CR issued by the CRA they reported to, and are not subject to the FCRA dispute process.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are a business listed in the categories Credit Reporting Agencies & Consultants, Credit Reporting Services and Credit Bureaus.

Message 6 of 7
ficophobic
Contributor

The letter says, "the landlord obtained your credit score from the following Consumer Reporting Agency: Daratrace". It also says," you may request a copy of the report from the CRA within 60 days".

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.