cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Of "Satisfaction of Judgment" wrong?

tag
Voodoo_Laveau
Valued Member

Date Of "Satisfaction of Judgment" wrong?

Hello All-

I recently had to get in touch with a collector who filed a judgment back in 2007. The judgment was satisfied in 2010 but the attorney never filed the correct paperwork. So the judgment shows "unsatisfied" on my CR.

Long story short the collection agency sent me a letter per my request that references the court case and says it was satisfied in 2010. The attorney filed the" satisfaction of Judgment" last week. However there is no reference as to when it was satisfied so it will post as Jan 2013. Will this effect my credit score? It will look like I just paid it. I am trying to get my score up to 640 for USDA home loan. Should I dispute the date when the info is updated on the credit report? Thanks for any help.

Working towards home ownership
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Date Of "Satisfaction of Judgment" wrong?

@Voodoo_Laveau wrote:

Hello All-

I recently had to get in touch with a collector who filed a judgment back in 2007. The judgment was satisfied in 2010 but the attorney never filed the correct paperwork. So the judgment shows "unsatisfied" on my CR.

Long story short the collection agency sent me a letter per my request that references the court case and says it was satisfied in 2010. The attorney filed the" satisfaction of Judgment" last week. However there is no reference as to when it was satisfied so it will post as Jan 2013. Will this effect my credit score? It will like I just paid it. I am trying to get my score up to 640 for USDA home loan. Should I dispute the date when the info is updated on the credit report? Thanks for any help.

Well, the judgement needed to be satisfied to qualify for the loan. Which you now can do.

Your credit score was impacted when the derog hit your file, that satisfaction date is irrelevant in terms of FICO scoring.

Have you considered having the judgment vacated completely? I know in some jurisdictions you can have the case vacated after you pay which will completely remove it from your file.

either way, I don;'t see a reason to dispute it right now, mainly cause you have to have disputes cleared for mortgage, it this will not impact that at all

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 4
Voodoo_Laveau
Valued Member

Thanks Scott.

I have been researching to vacate. I may look into it. I was worried about the "new" activity hurting my score. You answered my question. Thanks again

Working towards home ownership
Message 3 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Voodoo_Laveau wrote:

Thanks Scott.

I have been researching to vacate. I may look into it. I was worried about the "new" activity hurting my score. You answered my question. Thanks again

I think you should definitely get it resolved, and get the correct satisfaction date eventually, but not before the mortgage, as it won't impact your score.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.