Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of First Delinquency Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of First Delinquency Question

I have a few account that have a DoFD  of 02/2009, but then I made the accounts current in June 2009.  Then those same accounts were charged off in 2011 when i missed payments. My question is what is the real DoFD... 2009 or 2011?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Date of First Delinquency Question

Based on the info provided DOFD would be June 2009. It is always the most recent default, whereas the account never again becomes current, leading to charge off.

The date a creditor chooses to actually identify the account as charge off is related to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and has no bearing on the debtor. It's related only to the management of the business.
Message 2 of 5
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Wrong.

DOFD would be the date after June 2009 where you went late and then never brought it current again.  When did that happen?  2011?

The OP said that the account was brought current in Jun 2009.  So that is not a delinquency date.  The OP doesn't say when the acct went late after that....... only that it charged off in 2011.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I had a a few late payments in 2009 but the accounts  were made current that same year. In 2011, that is when i had late payments that led to my accounts being charged off.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I had a a few late payments in 2009 but the accounts  were made current that same year. In 2011, that is when i had late payments that led to my accounts being charged off.

And that is the exact definition of DoFD. The FIRST late payment that leads DIRECTLY to a charge off, with NO intervening period of currency.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.