Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of last activity on cr

tag
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Re: Date of last activity on cr

Since I am past the SOL on this account should i just send letter to only contact via mail as this is a time barred account ? Then just wait until it falls off or gets closer to falling off then dispute? 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 11 of 16
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

another question.. this CA (asset acceptance) also has that they are the factoring company on my CR however from what I read that means they are stating they are original debtor?

Eq 675
TU 681

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 12 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If you send the C&D letter it will exclude any further communication.  You can't just pick how they contact you, you can only request they not contact you at work.  This will prevent you from any attempts with them to remove the TL.

The fact that they are listing themselves as a Factoring Company isn't relevant.  It does however give them the ability to change certain items on the TL and to report some things that only an OC can.  Now if they choose to go this route, then you will have a valid complaint, and yes I've used that for deletion.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Factoring companies are recognized and legitimate businesses.

It is not the reporting per se as a factoring company that gives rise to the problems with some debt collectors, it is their resulting interpretation that being a factor on the debt somehow converts their collection into an installment account with the consumer.  It is that additional reporting that is, in the view of most, clearly improper.

Message 14 of 16
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Since they have this la count listed as an installment account and they are the factoring company, should I dreariest a dv from them then dispute with CRA?   Sorry for so many questions,,, new to this 

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 15 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DV process is a debt collection practices procedure under the FDCPA to compel cessation of collection on a debt until the debt collector verifies that they have investigated the consumer's obligation and confirmed the name of the creditor and the amount of the asserted debt.  It has no period for response, and does not relate to the accuracy of their credit reporting per se. 

If accuracy of reported information is at issue, it should be addressed by way of dispute of its accuracy under the FCRA.  Entirely different process.  Either of the two dispute processes have a 30'ish day period for them to investigate and provide verification, correct their reporting, or delete their reporting.

You can pursue both.  It's not a one or the other.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.