Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of last payment vs. DofFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of last payment vs. DofFD

There is an account that shows DofFD as 12/08 and last payment 8/08. Drop off date for account is based on DofFD? I thought that these would line up? Transunion has drop date of 9/08 which makes sense. This is already EE on TU. Fall off for EX 12/15 EQ the same. Sure wish last payment and DofFD lined up. Anyone else see this type of odd reporting?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Date of last payment vs. DofFD

I have 5 derogs falling off this year, and not one of them has the same drop off date between even two of the CRAs, much less all three. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My thing is more about the DofFD not meshing with the last payment date. It does on TU but its the only one that matches
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was always my understanding that date of last payment and DofFD should be within a mon yt h of each other?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crrredit wrote:

I have 5 derogs falling off this year, and not one of them has the same drop off date between even two of the CRAs, much less all three. 

+1  Me too.  I have one account with old late pays and not a single late pay lines up on any of my reports.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date of last payment shows the same on all of the reports.  It just shows DoFD 3 months after the last payment. That is what I'm trying to figure out. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not enough information to really say. Without knowing the actual due date and whether the last payment was made early or up to 29 days late, the actual DoFD can be anywhere with in a three month window. For example, if the last payment occurred 29 days after a due date of 07/03/08 (payment made 08/02/08), then the DoFD is occurs at 09/03/08 (first 30 day late), but if the last payment was made the day after the statement date of say 08/29/08 (with a due date of 9/26), then the actual DoFD is going to be 11/26/08 (no payment would be due for 9/26/08) 

Keep in mind that exclusion is NOT exactly 7 years either, its 7 years plus 180 days after DoFD. So if you assume a DoFD of 9/08, then the exclusion date of 12/15 is within the 7.5 year period - three months early in fact.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.