Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dazed and confused, not sure where to start

tag
flustered
Established Member

Re: Dazed and confused, not sure where to start

Randyrhodes thanks! The Belk only has $50 on it but it's reporting $100 on all 3 CR. Will paying it off still help me? Somebody told me I should keep 30% of the limit charged.
Virtualcuriosity thanks! I hope so but sometimes it seems hopeless.
Message 11 of 25
flustered
Established Member

Ok. So if they say no it still helps to pay them because it looks better to have a paid collection than unpaid, right?
Message 12 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@flustered wrote:
Thank you! That's what I was looking for! So the student loans from 2011 aren't doing as much as the November 2013? We actually called them (wells) before we were late and asked them what to do (my mom had cancer and I was living with her not working) but they weren't helpful at all. So from what you're saying, I will work on my husbands debts one at a time for PFD. And my lates. One at a time. How concerned should I be with the student loans in 2011 lates since they've all been on time since jan 2012?

The student loan lates depend on the severity and how many.  Single 30 and 60 day lates are minor derogatories and pretty much stop hurting you after 2 years.  Anything that is 90+ days are major derogatories and will impact you until they are removed.

Message 13 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@flustered wrote:
Ok. So if they say no it still helps to pay them because it looks better to have a paid collection than unpaid, right?

Yes.  And for whatever reason, in some instances your score will go up when paid.

As for the CC, never let all of them report a 0 balance.  Let all but one report 0 and the other at 9% or below.  30% is way too high.

Message 14 of 25
flustered
Established Member

Yea these were over 90 on the SL. SAF doesn't seem interested in my begging although they've been on time for 2 years. I may try again. I've only got one so I'll pay more on it. Thanks so much for all this.
Message 15 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I wouldn't give up.  Try the Ombudsman too.  Tell them why you were late and see if there is anything they could do.

Message 16 of 25
flustered
Established Member

What is that?? Sounds like some strange ritual! Do I have to sacrifice anything? 😳
Message 17 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@flustered wrote:
What is that?? Sounds like some strange ritual! Do I have to sacrifice anything? 😳

Too funny!  Not that I know of LOL.

They are basically a liasion between you and the guarantor. He/She  works with borrowers to resolve loan problems and disputes informally.  There have been instances where they have been able to get lates removed when the guarantor would not.

Message 18 of 25
flustered
Established Member

Wow!! Ok I will def try that. Anything is worth a shot at this point! Thanks again for the advice. It's exactly what I was looking for. I will have all day tomorrow to get a better start since Georgia will apparently be iced in. Lots of time to read the forums here as well. So much good info.
Message 19 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.