Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dazed and confused....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dazed and confused....

About one year ago, I pulled my cr from the big three and immediately got to work as my scores were low and half the items weren't correct. I currently subscribe to Scorewatch and have written countless letters, phone calls, etc. but have failed miserably.  (5 point increase but no reason for it was given, just the alert)

I need help because I'm doing something wrong. I've read and read this forum but it's not enough.

Here's my latest attempt....

Received two cell phones which didn't get reception at my home, so the carrier agreed to return them at no cost.(their coverage map showed us in a "hole" but the one on their web page showed my home area covered)

Anyway, on my cr, the bill shows as unpaid and late so I contacted the carrier and they said all 3 cra would be notified and it would be deleted and they were sorry. A few months go by with no alerts so I pull my cr and its still on all 3. I called the carrier again and they said that all 3 were notified and they don't know why it's still there. They were sorry again and this time sent me a letter stating it was their error and all 3 cra were notified.

Yesterday I entered an online dispute with Equifax over it, that they have shown as received today. So later on today, I receive an email that the dispute is complete. I thought, "that was too quick!" but followed the link to a pdf of my credit report, a confirmation number and my dispute listed as a consumer statement, not even near the account. It thanked me for requesting my cr with a note saying if I wanted to dispute anything, to just go online and do so. (or snail mail)

What is going on? I never requested my cr. There is nothing that even mentions the dispute being looked at 

except it is noted that what I wrote to them disputing my bill can now be seen by all and it expires on 1/2019. 

I think I'm going nuts. The irony...4:51pm I received an email titled "dispute completed notification".

At 5:36pm one arrived titled "No score watch alerts this month".

HAHAHAAHHHAHA (evil doctor cracking up laugh)(please help me)   

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dazed and confused....

Quick update. Just received another email saying that the investigation is continuing.   :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you go to dispute?  

poorer wrote:

What is going on? I never requested my cr. There is nothing that even mentions the dispute being looked at 

except it is noted that what I wrote to them disputing my bill can now be seen by all and it expires on 1/2019. 

It sounds as if you placed a consumer statement on your report rather than filed a dispute.

What expires 2019?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the same thing but I only filed an online dispute with my statement written in where they allow.

I'm so new to this and have taken the advice of the forums to not dispute unless the information is blatantly wrong but it appears I'm off to a rocky start on disputing too. Maybe I'll have to dispute my "statement" as it was, at least to me, obviously my explanation for disputing but it doesn't look good at the top of my cr.

I'm still in awe that a company can put something on someones report that is incorrect, state that all cra have been notified that it's untrue, send it to me in writing and yet not one of the cra took it off.  

edit: The "statement" expires then. 

Message Edited by poorer on 01-19-2009 06:08 PM
Message 4 of 8
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like you need to dispute via mail. Send your dispute CMRRR.

Dear CRA,

The account # (account) from OC is listed incorrectly on my credit report (report #). I am enclosing a copy of my letter received from OC acknowledging the accounts are incorrect and stating that they would remove. Please investigate this account listing and send me an updated credit report when you are finished.

Thank you,

poorer

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou. I'm assuming I should wait for the current dispute to be over before I dispute by mail?
Message 6 of 8
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I would wait. You could always send it in with the statement, "this is additional information in support of my existing dispute" or something like that. Know that sending in additional information gives the CRA 15 more days, but 45 days vs. 60 it might not be a totally bad idea. There may be differing opinions on this, see if anyone else adds their 2 cents.
Message 7 of 8
Ariel
Valued Member

I'm no expert, but there are two things I've learned for sure:

1). Never use the phone.  Not just with CA's, but also with CRA's and OC's.  Always write a letter.

2). Disputing things on the credit report is a last resort, and also should always be done in writing (preferably hand written, so a human being actually reads your letter) and never through the phone or online dispute system.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.