Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with Collection Agency...CACH LLC

tag
Sunshine222

Dealing with Collection Agency...CACH LLC

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I have a collection account with last payment 2011.  The balance on it was approx 2800.  It has since been sold to CACH LLC.  Against the wise advice of some, I called them.  I wanted to make arrangements to settle the account.  The first person I talked to was reasonably decent.  She told me that CACH had filed a lawsuit on this debt in 2012.  I knew nothing about this and was never served.  She stated the server's notes said they "went to the address and the person who answered said that person didn't live there".  That is highly implausible.  Unless my then-infant or dogs answered the door, I am the only other person who lives there.  Also, I live in a gated complex that is pretty tough to get into.  I asked her for the case number.  She provided it, and lo and behold, they did try to sue me in October 2012.  The case simply said "adjudicated".  I don't know what happened, you would think they would have easily gotten money from me if they showed up since I didn't even know about it so was unable to argue back.  So my questions about that....why was it thrown out?  Did they not show up?  Or was it because they never served me?  Do they really have the evidence they need to sue me for the debt?

So, on to today, I tried to offer them $1500 for this debt, which they now said was 3800 due to "court costs".  We bartered back and forth with them coming down to 2500 and me going up to 1800 but no agreement.  The original woman got her supervisor who was a much less pleasant individual.  We ended the call with no resolution.

I would like to settle this debt and not have to deal with it anymore, but I think 2500 is too high.  Any advice?  I am also a little afraid of them trying to sue me again since I know they have this attorney's office they work with right in my city and it wouldn't be as hard as someone who lives far away.  I don't want a judgement on my record.   And I sort of feel like now that I called them I may have woken up the beast. On the other hand, I kind of wonder if they really have the info they need to win the lawsuit anyhow, or I would think they would have shown up in court a few years ago.

Any advice would be welcome.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dealing with Collection Agency...CACH LLC

What ever came of this?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.