Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with Diversified Consultants

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing with Diversified Consultants

Just when I am getting somewhere with my rebuilding efforts, this collection appears out of nowhere on my credit reports. I called them and they said it was a dish network bill that was from 2010. I am sure I paid that final bill, but since it was so long ago. I don't have records of it. Also I never received any collection noticed from them, it just showed up on my credit reports. What do I do? Can they even still collect on a bill from 2010? Any advice is appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Dealing with Diversified Consultants

I have a similar situation (mine was from BonTon store card 2006)...they didn't show up on my report, but they've sent me letters and I saw two HP from them during my rebuild. Are they on all three reports? Did you try a dispute via CRA?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to try that now.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can send a DV, but in view of your phone converstation, they will most likely verify based on their records of an asserted debt due to Dish Network.

Filing of a dispute under the FCRA requires some basis for showing of an inaccuracy.  "Sure I paid the bill" is a bit lacking in substance, and verification will likely occur in response to a dispute the same as if you send a DV.

They can attempt to collect until the debt is determined to be invalid, which would most likely require bringing civil action and obtaining a decision by a court.

You can wait for the colleciton to become excluded, which must occur no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

Until them, they can continue collection activities and their credit reporting will continue to appear in your credit report and your scoring unless you get acceptance of a PFD offer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.