Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with a charge-off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing with a charge-off

I have one that im afraid to tuch....i had one that i was going to pay and the Company kept making it difficult for me. They offered a settlement, that was something like 50$ off of 400.00 debt. ...mind you i didnt iwe it but had no receipts to prove it. So when i called them they kept promising to send me a letter out that stated this..i never got it. Then 6 years and 5 months in..im still calling these people like ok ill just pay the balance in full..cant get an address!...I made the mistake of telling them i was purchasing a home and i guess this was my punishment. Mind you it was charged off, balance changed a couple time on my report, and sold a couple times..they had MY number but i didnt know who to pay. And was not not going to pay by phone...NO MATTER WHAT I WAS PAYING..I WANT SOMETHING IN WRITING FROM THE APPROPIATE COMPANY!.. I dont make it a habit ong my bills but This one!.....had to fall off my credit and not get paid!!! So the joke was on them! This 2nd particular debt i absolutely owe, fell on hard times and kept contact with them untile recently. ...but im 1yr in and want to pay them but my goodness i dont want to take the hit!...Parhaps we should start a petition in the mean time to have this changed (on change.org..)..we can complain but we make changes also.as we work our way thru this mess! My credit limit is only 10k..and my balance is 94.00 . When we stop buying all their junk and care about our PENNIES the way businesses do.....we will get more respect. I got a bill for 69cents from one of my creditors and zero dollars was due on the 9th! Like every other bill..ok , but wow! I asked myself would i have even worried about charging 69.cents?.. i vowed i would give them their 69 cents and VALUE MY CHANGE too. When its on sale and i dont need it..ill leave it there. The best think is to pay all debts and become debt free ..this is POWERFUL! Or stay as close to it as possible.....I WILL PAY THEM AND TAKE THE INITIAL HIT BUT NEVER WILL BUSINESSESS ENTICE TO BUY THINGS I DONT NEED! NOW WHEN WE SIGN SAYING "WE WILL PAY FOR ITEMS WE GET". THEY ARE THINKING "WE WILL PAY!".:-)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dealing with a charge-off

All i owe is 94.00!..is what i meant...:-)

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dealing with a charge-off

OP, I split your post to form a new one here. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.