cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with a medical collection

tag
nedrahe

Dealing with a medical collection

Hello to all, I just found this board today.  I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any insight as to how to deal with a CA in regards to a old hospital bill.  I found out by pulling my credit report about the CA, I called the OC about the bill and they informed me of the CA they sent the account to.  I ended up arranging to pay the OC directly.  What my issue is, the CA the OC told me about is not the CA showing on my credit report.  I called the OC again and they said they have $0.00 my account and they have notified the CA they told me about.  How do I deal with the CA showing on my credit report?  Neither of the 2 CA have ever contacted me. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dealing with a medical collection

@nedrahe wrote:

Hello to all, I just found this board today.  I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any insight as to how to deal with a CA in regards to a old hospital bill.  I found out by pulling my credit report about the CA, I called the OC about the bill and they informed me of the CA they sent the account to.  I ended up arranging to pay the OC directly.  What my issue is, the CA the OC told me about is not the CA showing on my credit report.  I called the OC again and they said they have $0.00 my account and they have notified the CA they told me about.  How do I deal with the CA showing on my credit report?  Neither of the 2 CA have ever contacted me. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

A DV would be your first line of defense. Here is the link to help you

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 2 of 5
nedrahe

Thanks for responding.  I did the online dispute with Exp. but all they did was update it.  So i should direct the DV to the CA on my report??

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@nedrahe wrote:

Thanks for responding.  I did the online dispute with Exp. but all they did was update it.  So i should direct the DV to the CA on my report??

Yes send the DV to the reporting CA.

Message 4 of 5
ACG23
Regular Contributor

If the account is paid, you might also look up "the HiPAA method" online. We can't talk about it here though.

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.