cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with previous serious delinquency on student loans while back in school/deferment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing with previous serious delinquency on student loans while back in school/deferment

I was a student back in 2009-2010 and then went through a pretty intense and difficult time for a couple of years. During this time, I became seriously delinquent on my student loans because I was so focused on paying back my school for the semester that I dropped out of since it was accuring a horrendous amount of interest and needed to be paid off for me to be able to continue taking classes. I eventually stopped being a child about it and talked to them to get the loans into deferment or forbearance due to financial hardship. I have since been able to return to school, so I'm not sure what my options are for trying to deal with those serious delinquencies now. Since there's no history of me ever making payments on time, I'm not sure that a goodwill letter would work. Also, since the loans are now in deferment for being in school, I'm not sure if it is possible to do student loan rehabilitaiton. Has anyone ever been in this situation? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.