Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Chase EO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Chase EO

Dear Chase EO

Thank you so much for your personalized call this morning. I understand that it is often your sad duty to call people in person to deliver the unfortunate news that you "are required by law to report accurate information" and therefore will be unable to assist them with their goodwill request. I feel your pain, I wouldn't want that job either. Imagine, your resume says "Chase Executive Office" and your real job is to disappoint people.

Tell your boss this for me -- there is no need for a personal call to deliver this kind of news. If we're contacting you, it's because we're hoping against hope. We realize the odds are stacked against us. Everybody knows the game is rigged. Everyone who does any research knows that you are not "required by law to report accurate information." Let's split hairs here. It is required that the information you report be accurate. You are under no legal obligation to report anything. You are a trained monkey, repeating what you're told to repeat because the call is recorded and you can't speak honestly. The honest truth is either "I don't, or can't, approve goodwill for anybody," or maybe "I read your goodwill request, and it just didn't seem to be a good enough reason for me to delete it," or maybe "Your goodwill request contained a good justification, but not good enough to justify removing a charge-off."

The game is a joke. Seven years is a long time these days, a long time to hold negative information against a person. That's for starters. Then there is the lack of transparency and recourse which leads to these goodwill requests in the first place. There are so many wrongnesses about the whole credit bureau game. First, that anyone can file something against a consumer, it is assumed true and scored accordingly, and it is on the consumer to disprove, dispute or otherwise fight it.  Second, that the very granting of credit is based on your "creditworthiness," of which the credit grantor has some level of control! What possible motivation would a credit grantor have to remove information from a consumer's file, valid or not, when its existence allows the credit grantor to alter the terms of granting new credit in their favor? If a person with a clean credit report gets one APR and one with blemishes gets a higher APR, is that not motivation to retain that negative information?

"Oh, but you can dispute with the bureaus!"  Laughable. The bureaus rubber stamp most everything that comes through them, and the very act of disputing causes a score drop. The bureaus absolutely do not serve the consumer in any meaningful way. They serve the credit grantors, 100%.

Any codified system can be gamed, even if you deliberately obfuscate the rules with antiquated and complex "formulas."  I will not beg or grovel for your imaginary good will. I will not be a slave to your system. I will becomes its master. And my memory will be longer than yours.

I rant, but it's all true. That which doesn't bankrupt me only makes me stronger. Onward and upward.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dear Chase EO

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Chase EO

Thank you so much for your personalized call this morning. I understand that it is often your sad duty to call people in person to deliver the unfortunate news that you "are required by law to report accurate information" and therefore will be unable to assist them with their goodwill request. I feel your pain, I wouldn't want that job either. Imagine, your resume says "Chase Executive Office" and your real job is to disappoint people.

Tell your boss this for me -- there is no need for a personal call to deliver this kind of news. If we're contacting you, it's because we're hoping against hope. We realize the odds are stacked against us. Everybody knows the game is rigged. Everyone who does any research knows that you are not "required by law to report accurate information." Let's split hairs here. It is required that the information you report be accurate. You are under no legal obligation to report anything. You are a trained monkey, repeating what you're told to repeat because the call is recorded and you can't speak honestly. The honest truth is either "I don't, or can't, approve goodwill for anybody," or maybe "I read your goodwill request, and it just didn't seem to be a good enough reason for me to delete it," or maybe "Your goodwill request contained a good justification, but not good enough to justify removing a charge-off."

The game is a joke. Seven years is a long time these days, a long time to hold negative information against a person. That's for starters. Then there is the lack of transparency and recourse which leads to these goodwill requests in the first place. There are so many wrongnesses about the whole credit bureau game. First, that anyone can file something against a consumer, it is assumed true and scored accordingly, and it is on the consumer to disprove, dispute or otherwise fight it.  Second, that the very granting of credit is based on your "creditworthiness," of which the credit grantor has some level of control! What possible motivation would a credit grantor have to remove information from a consumer's file, valid or not, when its existence allows the credit grantor to alter the terms of granting new credit in their favor? If a person with a clean credit report gets one APR and one with blemishes gets a higher APR, is that not motivation to retain that negative information?

"Oh, but you can dispute with the bureaus!"  Laughable. The bureaus rubber stamp most everything that comes through them, and the very act of disputing causes a score drop. The bureaus absolutely do not serve the consumer in any meaningful way. They serve the credit grantors, 100%.

Any codified system can be gamed, even if you deliberately obfuscate the rules with antiquated and complex "formulas."  I will not beg or grovel for your imaginary good will. I will not be a slave to your system. I will becomes its master. And my memory will be longer than yours.

I rant, but it's all true. That which doesn't bankrupt me only makes me stronger. Onward and upward.

The credit system is like playing Kreigspiel (look it up if you don't know what it is), but you begin the game with no queen.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I hope that the post is with tongue firmly in cheek, and there is no inttent to actually send such a letter.......

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good lord no. Heaven forbid they write "problem customer" on my Chase Amazon account which has been in good standing for its entire history.

@RobertEG wrote:

I hope that the post is with tongue firmly in cheek, and there is no inttent to actually send such a letter.......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.