Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debating on preapproval for CapOne

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debating on preapproval for CapOne

Hey guys,

So I have a prequalification  showing on Cap One's website for the Platinum and QuickSilver1.  MyFico puts me at EQ637/TU650/EX644.  I'm an AU on my wife's Discover ($8400 CL with 34%UTI) and Zales ($3500 CL with 12% UTI) and I have a secured Capital One card for $200 and no balance, but it's only about 2 months old.  I'm close to pulling the trigger and app'ing for both, but I wonder if I'm close to a Venture and a lot better SL.  Income is about $110k a year.  Also have 3 collections from 2011 on my record.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debating on preapproval for CapOne

I would pull the trigger and establish a relationship with Cap1 with an unsecured card before drooling over the Venture. I drool for the Venture too BTW. it just hasn't popped up for me yet..
Message 2 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

So I have a prequalification  showing on Cap One's website for the Platinum and QuickSilver1.  MyFico puts me at EQ637/TU650/EX644.  I'm an AU on my wife's Discover ($8400 CL with 34%UTI) and Zales ($3500 CL with 12% UTI) and I have a secured Capital One card for $200 and no balance, but it's only about 2 months old.  I'm close to pulling the trigger and app'ing for both, but I wonder if I'm close to a Venture and a lot better SL.  Income is about $110k a year.  Also have 3 collections from 2011 on my record.

Are any of those collections for CAP1?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No collections for Capital One.   Medical collections and an old storage room payment I had back in 2010.  I decided to go for it and got both Platinum and QS1 cards for $500 limit each.  I hear they grow fast.  The QS1 is already linked to my secured card but the Platinum doesn't show anything yet. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pre-approved for the venture and the QS
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ironfreak247!
Message 6 of 9
itsnew
Contributor

How did you go about linking your secured card to your unsecured cards? I have 3 cap one cards. I want to link my secured card to my unsecured card but not sure what will happen. Will it raise the cli on my unsecured card?
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Do any of you have the links where I can try to apply for platinum cap1 myself
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go on Cap1 Web site and use the pre qualifier tool. Not very difficult to find or do....
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.