Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collector terminated payment arrangement

tag
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

Re: Debt Collector terminated payment arrangement

No, I did not sign an agreement. I agreed to the payment plan over the phone. Everything was done verbally. Does this apply to resetting the SOL?
Message 21 of 24
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

I'm gonna see what I can do in the next few months. I'm hoping that I can see enough to pay them off in 2 payments if not 3. I'll have to do some budgeting and see what I come up with. I don't want to borrow from my 401k because my Loan officer wants me to borrow from that once I'm all ready to buy a house.
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditOCDinCali wrote:
No, I did not sign an agreement. I agreed to the payment plan over the phone. Everything was done verbally. Does this apply to resetting the SOL?

Not in California. As I said, Cali has a statute that specifically addresses the issue of resetting the SOL on a debt, and it requires a written signed agreement. So your original SOL date would apply. How close are you to being 4 years from the DoFD?

Message 23 of 24
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

The debt was reported in September of 2012. So I still have some years to go. :-(
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.