cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Consolidation or wait for this company to try and remove items?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Consolidation or wait for this company to try and remove items?

I hired this company called Lexington Law last month to challenge credit bureaus in an attempt to remove items. I pay them $99/mo.

A buddy of mine who has pretty solid credit (Credit score in the 800's for all 3) told me that I should take that hundred dollars every month and use it to pay off some debt.

I want to do that but then I also want to wait for LL to provide me with results, they say it takes an average of 60 days to start seeing progress and i have 35 negative items on my report. I really don't even know what this outcome will be.

I am considering getting a debt consolidation loan from my bank just to pay all the stuff off and get on with improving my life.

I have about $4,652 in debt from credit cards and an additional $14,000 for my vehicle i am paying off.

i have another vehicle worth about $9,000 i would use as collateral for the loan to give me a better shot at getting approved.

what do you think would be the best option for me?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Consolidation or wait for this company to try and remove items?

If I were you I would be spending time reading the Rebuiding section here,

I do not like Lexington Law, I may be wrong, but blanket disputes is what they do from what I have heard.

There are much better ways to work on your problems and rebuild your credit.

IMHO.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.