Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Recovery Solutions / Verizon FIOS -- need suggestions

tag
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Debt Recovery Solutions / Verizon FIOS -- need suggestions

so I am working on both miny and my wifes CR's. I have been making some good progress on mine and I am now over 600 on all three CRS'a using MyFico and I could not be happier, I still have work to do on mine but I have been picking my battles one or two at a time so now I decided to see what I can do with Verizon Fios.

In July 2011 I called up Verizon and told them that I was moving and needed to cancel the service, no problem the Rep tells me, they are going to send out a recovery kit for the equipment and will get me final bill sent to me.

no recovery kit or final bill come before I move from NJ to FL. I let them know and again I am told no problem they will send a new recovery kit to me. I never get that one as well.

fast forward till now I still have the equipment in the garage and two collections from DRS one for 1400 and a second for 1900. I am assuming that 1 is for the equipment and one for the balance owed.

today I do a online chat with one of the reps about returning old equip and they tell me to just take it to a UPS Store and they will send it back to them. So that is perfect I am going there tomorrow.

now to handle DRS - I have not contacted them at all yet. I was going to wait until I have proof that the equipment was in fact returned to Verizon then DV both accounts listed on the CRA. And if they come back as validated I can fight it since the equip was returned. As far as what I owe I have a bill that shows they owe me 7.15 dated 10/13/11 and was thinking that I could send a copy of that to them or start a complaint with CFPB

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Debt Recovery Solutions / Verizon FIOS -- need suggestions

Yep sounds like a good plan. Did Verizon send you some type of return reference number you can send with UPS to make sure YOUR acct gets credited?
Message 2 of 4
dave36021
Regular Contributor

I asked and was told that it was not needed - when I go to the UPS store I am going to ask them to put the serial numbers on the label as a refernce #

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 3 of 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Good idea. Cover your butt! Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.