Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Settlement Companies

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Debt Settlement Companies

Are these things legit? They want me to deposit money to some escrow account that pays my creditors and in turn will get the creditors to mark the account paid in full.

Anyone done this before?

All of my credit cards are current but  maxed out and it sounds like this they will let it go behind and into collections so it gives the creditors an incentive to settle the debt.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Settlement Companies

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Are these things legit? They want me to deposit money to some escrow account that pays my creditors and in turn will get the creditors to mark the account paid in full.

Anyone done this before?

All of my credit cards are current but  maxed out and it sounds like this they will let it go behind and into collections so it gives the creditors an incentive to settle the debt.

They usually end up ruining your credit as a result of what they do - which is let everything default, in the hope of panicking your creditors into settling your accounts.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Settlement Companies

Avoid at all costs!! They charge lots of fees and do exactly what you can do for yourself! If you need advice on how to tackle and address the issues there are a lot of really knowledgable people on this forum to help.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.