cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Sold Again = Reset the 7 Year Clock?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Sold Again = Reset the 7 Year Clock?

Thanks all - I will submit an old CR, as there was NO activity, no payment, etc. on this account...it was never submitted to any external CA either all this time, until it all of a sudden showed up as sold...MOST appreciated for all the advice!!!
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am approaching (from my recollection) if not passed the seven year mark on a small credit loan from '01 from one company. I believe I stopped paying on it no later than November of that year (but not sure if sooner). I haven't done much with my credit since that point until two years ago when I got a secured credit card and then purchased a new car last year. I've gotten a few things in the mail with an attorneys office as the return address but have ignored them. About 3 years ago I was going to file for bankruptcy with a lawyer but he advised me to just wait out my past due account (I had a large charge off already from a C.U.).

I've just checked my score today to find that I have a report on my account history through Experian from a "Collection Department/Agency/Attorney" with the starting date of 12/01/2007. Acct status shows closed with the payment status as: "Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department".

On my 24-month payment history, it shows for Feb-May "Key Derogatory" meaning, "Key Derogatory = Claim, Term Default, Government Claim, Paid by Dealer, Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11 or 12 Petitioned, or Discharged and Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12 Reaffirmation of Debt Rescinded."

I was contemplating disputing it since I have no history with this company and I do not know if it will stay on my report.

My apologies for the length.

Any advice?

Message Edited by breakingthecode on 06-07-2008 09:21 PM

I just looked further into that report and found that they have an old roommate as having joint responsibility with this. We haven't been roommates in over 3 1/2 years yet this account was started in 12/2007. I find that very odd. Is this enough to get it disputed?

Message Edited by breakingthecode on 06-07-2008 09:41 PM
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

IT's all about the DOFD- Date of first delinquency

Unless the TL is inaccurate- don't dispute it.  

breakingthecode wrote:
I am approaching (from my recollection) if not passed the seven year mark on a small credit loan from '01 from one company. I believe I stopped paying on it no later than November of that year (but not sure if sooner). I haven't done much with my credit since that point until two years ago when I got a secured credit card and then purchased a new car last year. I've gotten a few things in the mail with an attorneys office as the return address but have ignored them. About 3 years ago I was going to file for bankruptcy with a lawyer but he advised me to just wait out my past due account (I had a large charge off already from a C.U.).

I've just checked my score today to find that I have a report on my account history through Experian from a "Collection Department/Agency/Attorney" with the starting date of 12/01/2007. Acct status shows closed with the payment status as: "Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department".

On my 24-month payment history, it shows for Feb-May "Key Derogatory" meaning, "Key Derogatory = Claim, Term Default, Government Claim, Paid by Dealer, Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11 or 12 Petitioned, or Discharged and Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12 Reaffirmation of Debt Rescinded."

I was contemplating disputing it since I have no history with this company and I do not know if it will stay on my report.

My apologies for the length.

Any advice?

Message Edited by breakingthecode on 06-07-2008 09:21 PM

I just looked further into that report and found that they have an old roommate as having joint responsibility with this. We haven't been roommates in over 3 1/2 years yet this account was started in 12/2007. I find that very odd. Is this enough to get it disputed?

Message Edited by breakingthecode on 06-07-2008 09:41 PM

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.