04-29-2008 11:19 AM
CERTIFIED MAIL #: __________________________________________________
Date: 4/ 08/ 07
Re: AFNI, INC.; Acct #, Original Creditor Name Nextel
To Whom It May Concern:
I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay NEXTEL. for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to NEXTEL for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the NEXTEL (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract AFNI purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between NEXTEL and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to NEXTEL for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that AFNI, INC is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Maryland
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims NEXTEL is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If AFNI can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.
04-29-2008 11:37 AM
04-29-2008 11:49 AM
04-29-2008 12:18 PM
04-30-2008 03:09 PM
04-30-2008 07:09 PM