Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Validation Letter Success for Banfield Pet Hospital

tag
shoppingsenior
Valued Member

Re: Debt Validation Letter Success for Banfield Pet Hospital

If you do a pay for delete, then you will not have to do the GW. I would do a PFD to Banfield first, and if they direct you to IC Systems, then you can send them one.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke with Banfield in attempt to pay in full and delete the rep said they'd forward the paid status to the CA (IC Systems) to let them know I paid in full and IC Systems would report to the CRAs.  Very nice customer service agent.

Spoke with IC Systems right after who told me I had to pay them directly, if I paid Banfield directly it would cause a greater delay to report to the credit agency this collection was paid.  Not-so-friendly agent.  

Debating who to pay OC or CA.

Message 12 of 16
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

I'm in a similar situation with ic systems. I'm probably going to send a check to oc along with a letter covering the following:

Check is made out to you and is to be only deposited by your office.
Please inform ic systems that balance is paid.
If you cannot commit to these please return payment.
Once deposited I will contact ic systems and ask them to delete. If they do not I will then ask them with help from bbb and CFPB.
Message 13 of 16
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Further, my argument with the bbb and CFPB would be that I paid the oc - there's no need for ic systems to be on my reports because they have no interest in the collection anymore since the oc took payment.
Message 14 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, if they at any point had authorization to collect the debt, then yes they do have a reason to show on your CR.  It doesn't matter if you go back and pay the OC, it does not mean that they didn't have the authority to collect.  While I do hope this works for you, I'm just saying they don't have to delete.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 16
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

I'll still try and pay oc and then gw ic systems. It's ridiculous that they didn't do anything but show up on my reports and now I have to deal with them. If no luck with gw I'm absolutely taking it to CFPB and bbb.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.