Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Validation Without Dunning Letter

tag
zoe15
Established Member

Debt Validation Without Dunning Letter

Hello,

Five days ago, I received a call from a 1-800 number I didn't recognize. Today, I received another call from this same number. No messages were left following either of these calls. I just looked up the phone number online, and it's the number for a JDB. However, I haven't received a dunning letter. I moved to another state over a year ago, so it's possible they mailed the dunning letter to my previous address. My mail was only forwarded for one year, so I likely will never receive the letter if they did indeed mail it to my previous address.

What are my options at this point? If I had received a dunning letter, I would have responded immediately with a debt validation letter.

Could I simply send a letter now saying something like, "I received a phone call from your company on 10/15/2014 regarding a debt. Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, send me validation of this debt."

If such a letter would be a good idea, I would include my updated address and the phone number they used to call me in my letter. Would I also need to include my DOB and the last four digits of my SSN? Since I have no idea what debt these calls are regarding, I'm hesitant give them more personal information than absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Debt Validation Without Dunning Letter

Has anything showed up on your credit reports yet?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 3
zoe15
Established Member

Re: Debt Validation Without Dunning Letter

No, nothing has shown up on my reports. I suppose that whatever this debt is, it could be past the point of appearing on my reports?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.