Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Validation question on old med bills

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Validation question on old med bills

Pulled my credit reports the other night and trying to make sense of it. I had some debts in TN steming from medical bills. I entered the Experian negatives on a spreadsheet and discovered that one bill (same OC and same amount) is being reported by two seperate COs. Another bill (Same OC and same amount) is being reported by the CO twice. None of the dates on either match. I want to get these taken care of and possible off the report.

I now live in a different state. I don't know how relavant that is, but am trying to give good info.

There are 12 (doubles included in that number) negatives, but there are only 4 seperate CAs listed.

Will I stir up a can of worms by sending DVs to each of the four and listing the accounts they have in one letter to each.?

Do I send DV just to the doubles first? Do I send DV to each for each seperate account? As you can tell I'm new to all this.

Also, if I were to return to TN permanently before getting these cleaned up what effect would it have on any dates to remove?

And lastly, it may take some time, but I don't have a problem paying these bills. I realize the OCs are out of the picture and the COs bought the account for less. I'm thinking about offering 50% PFD. Now of the amounts are over $500.00. What are the up and down sides to my CRs if they agree? Thanks in advance. I'm learning a lot from these boards.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Debt Validation question on old med bills

The state you live in only has to do with the time frame someone has to sue you.  It has nothing to do with what is on your CR.

Are all of these outside your current states SOL? 

One option would be to dispute with the CRAs that they are listed twice.  They should delete one of them.

For the ones with 2 CAs reporting, does it say they sold the debt to another CA?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.