Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Validation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Validation

You also squirrel with the CA when you see it's them calling your cell. How's your Spanish accent? You could try a little Spanglish.

"Quien? No esta aqui. Sorry. Bad number. Much thank you."

Couple times of that, and they might give up on calling the cell.

It's been a month since they got the DV, so send a follow up DV letter. Also dispute with the CRAs in writing.

Include a photocopy of your original DV letter and photocopy the CM receipt, RRR card and USPS receipt on the back. Double sided copying so it's just one enclosure. Include this with your DV follow up to the CA and your written dispute to the CRAs.

Message 51 of 102
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:

You also squirrel with the CA when you see it's them calling your cell. How's your Spanish accent? You could try a little Spanglish.

"Quien? No esta aqui. Sorry. Bad number. Much thank you."

Couple times of that, and they might give up on calling the cell.

It's been a month since they got the DV, so send a follow up DV letter. Also dispute with the CRAs in writing.

Include a photocopy of your original DV letter and photocopy the CM receipt, RRR card and USPS receipt on the back. Double sided copying so it's just one enclosure. Include this with your DV follow up to the CA and your written dispute to the CRAs.

LOL You are too funny! Never thought of that but I will definitely try it next time they call! They haven't so far this week but that could be a fluke. I send a follow up DV. The CA still hasn't hit my CR yet so should I dispute with the CRAs right now??
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 52 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let not your imagination be limited by even this thread.

Message 53 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

This one is an informative, long, and mind-numbing read on DV.

Message 54 of 102
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Let not your imagination be limited by even this thread.

This was hilarious! I almost fell out of my seat laughing! This will definitely come in handy when a telemarketer or CA calls.
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 55 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be completely clear on the 30 day rule, does it mean I must send the DV 30 days from receiving the notice? I received my notice on July 23d (I'm pretty sure), they dated the letter as of the 18th. So if I send it out on Monday, I'll be OK?
Message 56 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

CACHE wrote:
Just to be completely clear on the 30 day rule, does it mean I must send the DV 30 days from receiving the notice? I received my notice on July 23d (I'm pretty sure), they dated the letter as of the 18th. So if I send it out on Monday, I'll be OK?

A game that some CAs play is to either backdate the letters or sit on them before sending them. The courts don't take kindly to shenanigans, but I'm not aware of any caselaw on this specific point. You should be fine if send it CMRRR.

Message 57 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the 30 day rule has been mentioned relentlessly in this thread, but I did not even know you could do a DV, I didn't even know anything about it at all, that it even existed. So, when I found a collection account on my report in January, I disputed it with Experian, only to get a reply back that is was verified. But that is all I received, nothing stating who the OC was or any information on it at all, only that it was verify that is was mine. Is there something else I can do now that it has been so long? Would I be able to do a DV now? Would I do that with the CB or with the CA?
BTW, this forum is AWESOME! I have learned SO much!

Message Edited by kmm72471 on 08-30-2007 05:23 PM
Message 58 of 102
gidget
New Contributor

When does the DV request clock run out?

For example: Dunning letter was dated Sept. 1, 2007, I received it several days later (no postmark date was on the envelope) I mailed DV request October 1, 2007 CMRRR My DV request arrived to the CA's p.o. box on October 5, 2007 The CA signed the green card October 7, 2007. I am trying to determine whether I sent the DV letter in a timely manner as I haven't heard back. Did I make it in time? Thanks
Message 59 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused about "validation." 

I am disputing an invalid debt collection (personal property tax in Virginia - I don't live in Virginia.) 

I moved out of Virginia ten years ago.  Appearantly the Virginia DMV still thinks the car I have long since sold still exists in Virginia.

I responded to the CA requesting validation.  They contacted the Virginia.  I received a letter back from the CA saying that the debt is valid.  It seemed that the CA simply attached a cover page to unreadable photocopies they recieved in response from Virginia. 

There was no signed contract, no court order, nothing that could be construed as "proof" that I owe this money.  I had paid property tax when a resident of Virginia (payment history?) but there were no records of this in the response. 

What duty does the CA have to determine the validity of the OC's claim? 
Message 60 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.