cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Validation

tag

Re: Debt Validation

Ignore the above question, I poked around on that site you linked and there is a great and lengthy explanation of it all there. I think I at least have a generalized understanding of it.

Would it be a bad idea to simply dispute the items via the online submittal to the CRAs just to see if they disappear that way first, then if the CRAs say they validated the debt begin to send the letters to the CAs? Do the CRAs demand the same proof as outlined in the link:

* Proof that the collection company owns the debt/or has been assigned the debt,
* Complete payment history, starting with the original creditor, and
* Copy of the original signed loan agreement or credit card application

Thanks for your help, it means a lot, sadly I probably will spend most of the work day reading now. Don't tell my boss!! Smiley Happy

-Steve
Message 11 of 102
Quietman
Established Member

Mistake #1 - wrong post

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 07:51 AM
Message 12 of 102
Quietman
Established Member

Mistake #2 - wrong post Smiley Mad

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 07:52 AM
Message 13 of 102
Quietman
Established Member

Corrected to comply with guidelines - Quietman

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 11:36 AM
Message 14 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quietman wrote:
Scuba,

Several suggestions, others may feel differently:

1) NEVER dispute online with CRA's (waste of time, no proof)

Opinions do vary on the best way to dispute. I'm curious why you think there's no proof when you dispute online.  You get an immediate confirmation of the dispute from the CRA which you can print out.
Message 15 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you not dispute online with CRA's?. Personally I have been sucessfull in getting items deleted. My first dispute was 4 TL's 3 collection and 1 collection showing unpaid when it was paid. I got 2 deletions 1 verified and 1 correction. on my 2nd dispute I disputed Judgement and it was deleted.  On the account that was verified I'm sending a DV letter to CA (Palisades Collection/AT&T), I've never had a AT&T wireless account and if it doesn't get removed then I'll sue them. So could you explain why one should not dispute online?. Thanks
Message 16 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quietman,

Getting a collection deleted is always a win. Whether it comes about thru a letter or a raindance, the end result is the same. [BTW, I haven't tried a raindance so I have no idea whether it will or won't work.]

However, DVing is a more complex issue. A lot of JDBs and CAs refuse to validate claiming that you sent a form letter. Well, there's nothing in the statutes that says a CA doesn't need to validate if they believe the consumer is using a form letter or a CRO. They still are required to validate.

If they don't validate and persist in collection efforts, that's a violation. Their first written notice must contain certain things, and if not then that's another violation.

This sort of leverage is often necessary to get TLs deleted that ain't yours or to negotiate a PFD for TLs that are yours.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 09-06-2007 09:39 PM
Message 17 of 102
Quietman
Established Member

Corrected to comply with guidelines - Quietman Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 11:36 AM
Message 18 of 102
Quietman
Established Member

Corrected for guidelines - Quietman Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Quietman on 05-14-2007 11:37 AM
Message 19 of 102
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Online disputes are fine... just print off a copy of the confrimation page.
Message 20 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.