Reply
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays
Posts: 7,326
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation

[ Edited ]
Im taking it that you sent it CMRRR and they signed for it 7/14.
 
Remember you must send DV or dispute with them within 30 days of being NOTIFIED of the debt, like receiving bill or letter that you READ and did not trash, or didn't know until you pulled you CR.
 
They must stop all collection activaties until they validate!! that means also NO reporting to CRA  calling or writting to you.
 


Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-06-2007 10:43 PM
Regular Contributor
ariesdreamer
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎03-20-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation



HappyDays wrote:
Im taking it that you sent it CMRRR and they signed for it 7/14.
 
Remember you must send DV or dispute with them within 30 days of being NOTIFIED of the debt, like receiving bill or letter that you READ and did not trash, or didn't know until you pulled you CR.
 
They must stop all collection activaties until they validate!! that means also NO reporting to CRA  calling or writting to you.
 


How do I stop them from calling me until they validate?? Send another letter?? I sure don't want to talk to them!
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays
Posts: 7,326
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation

[ Edited ]
In you DV  put....contact is only to be made by mail!
 
make sure that you copy everything.
 
If they call  they are in violation....write  time that they called date & everything that you can remember that they say.... FIRST  ask  who is calling....if you don't understand the name or not sure MAKE them spell it......after you get name tell them to please use the post office to contact you & hang up!

 

 

OH and if they send you anything that is like  a bill  that is also violation.Save all mail if you get any.

 

ALL collections must stop until they validate.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-06-2007 07:26 PM



Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-06-2007 07:30 PM
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation



ariesdreamer wrote:
 
What if you DV an acct that hasn't hit your CR yet?
...
How do I stop them from calling me until they validate?? Send another letter?? I sure don't want to talk to them!


Perfectly OK to DV before it hits your CRs. FDCPA lets you DV upon first contact.
 
If they signed for the DV letter, per the RRR green card, and they subsequently report BEFORE validating, then they likely are in violation.
 
There's a variety of things you can do about abusive calls, and some of these apply with CAs calling without validating.
 
Message #1 is the more assertive approach. Message #9 contains some more passive action you can take with unwanted calls.
 
Regular Contributor
ariesdreamer
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎03-20-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation

Thank you, HappyDays & Noah!
Regular Contributor
ariesdreamer
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎03-20-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation



Noah_Bodie wrote:


ariesdreamer wrote:
 
What if you DV an acct that hasn't hit your CR yet?
...
How do I stop them from calling me until they validate?? Send another letter?? I sure don't want to talk to them!


Perfectly OK to DV before it hits your CRs. FDCPA lets you DV upon first contact.
 
If they signed for the DV letter, per the RRR green card, and they subsequently report BEFORE validating, then they likely are in violation.
 
There's a variety of things you can do about abusive calls, and some of these apply with CAs calling without validating.
 
Message #1 is the more assertive approach. Message #9 contains some more passive action you can take with unwanted calls.
 


Just finished reading the link. Thanks, btw! Funny thing is, they keep calling my cell phone and I have no idea how they got the number since the phone plan is under my boyfriend's name (I'm just an additional user on his cell phone acct).
 
Anyway, the CA (Allied Interstate) initially called me at my parents' house and left a msg. I returned the call and told them they reached my parents house and the guy immediately said they would wipe out the number and then the conversation ended. Thinking it was the end of that and still a bit confused since I thought they wanted to talk about the DV, I go about my business until a few days later when I received a call on my cell phone. It was the CA asking me to pay. I told them I sent a DV which the lady did not understand and then got into an arguement with her and hung up on her. They've tried calling a few times since then. Sometimes they leave msgs and other times, they don't. The lady that I got into an arguement with also stated the acct was already on my CR which I knew was a lie since I have TC and SW and have been keeping a close eye on my CRs.
 
I think I'm going to have my cell phone number changed. It's very scary how they got my cell phone number when its not even in my own name. I hate to change my number since I've had it for 3 years now...:smileysad:
 
Sorry for the long story. I just hate the feeling I get when a CA calls and I haven't had one in years! I was feeling super good since most of my paid CAs dropped off about 2 years ago and this CA is trying to collect on an old BOA acct I paid in 2002. Both OC and the prior CA who had the acct fell off my CR 2 years ago.
 
So, as you can see, I was really upset when this came out of nowhere!
New Member
hockeycq
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎08-09-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation

Hello,
 
I'm extremly new to this and was hoping someone could help me out. I have two dings on my credit report that I would like to send a DV to and need some advice on whether or not I should bother.
 
The first is from NCO Financial (remarked as "placed for collection) for an orthodontist bill that has to be over ten yrs old but it's listed on the credit report as being opened on 1/31/02, and to be removed on 7/08. I'd like to have it removed ASAP but should I even bother with a DV if it's to be removed 7/08? I'm also concerned it was re-aged since this work was done over ten yrs ago.
 
The second is an old student loan, again well over 6 or 7 yrs old.
I have a report from TU from 06 that it's not even listed on
 
An EX report from this week that it is on and says
 ACS/BRAZO/BANKONE TRUSTEE, Status = closed collection account. Date opened 3/99 and going into 120 days late on 6/02. I don't believe i made a payment on this since 00.
 
The third report is a combined report from truecredit and on here it's listed twice.
 
Once as AFSA/BRAZO  reported to
EQ as condition = open (paid).
 
And then it's listed again as BRAZOS reported by
EX condition = Closed(paid), Pay Status = Collection/Chargeoff AND
EQ, Condition = Derogatory, Pay Status = Late 120 days.
All have the same account number and balance
 
Should I even bother with a DV? because I can't remember the last time I was contacted about either of them or if I was ever contacted.
Established Contributor
TexMontana
Posts: 678
Registered: ‎05-29-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation



hockeycq wrote:
Hello,
 
I'm extremly new to this and was hoping someone could help me out. I have two dings on my credit report that I would like to send a DV to and need some advice on whether or not I should bother.
 
The first is from NCO Financial (remarked as "placed for collection) for an orthodontist bill that has to be over ten yrs old but it's listed on the credit report as being opened on 1/31/02, and to be removed on 7/08. I'd like to have it removed ASAP but should I even bother with a DV if it's to be removed 7/08? I'm also concerned it was re-aged since this work was done over ten yrs ago.
 
The second is an old student loan, again well over 6 or 7 yrs old.
I have a report from TU from 06 that it's not even listed on
 
An EX report from this week that it is on and says
 ACS/BRAZO/BANKONE TRUSTEE, Status = closed collection account. Date opened 3/99 and going into 120 days late on 6/02. I don't believe i made a payment on this since 00.
 
The third report is a combined report from truecredit and on here it's listed twice.
 
Once as AFSA/BRAZO  reported to
EQ as condition = open (paid).
 
And then it's listed again as BRAZOS reported by
EX condition = Closed(paid), Pay Status = Collection/Chargeoff AND
EQ, Condition = Derogatory, Pay Status = Late 120 days.
All have the same account number and balance
 
Should I even bother with a DV? because I can't remember the last time I was contacted about either of them or if I was ever contacted.


Welcome!
Start a new thread with this info and you will get answers!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation



ariesdreamer wrote:
 
they keep calling my cell phone
...
I thought they wanted to talk about the DV, I go about my business until a few days later when I received a call on my cell phone. It was the CA asking me to pay. I told them I sent a DV which the lady did not understand and then got into an arguement with her and hung up on her.
...
I think I'm going to have my cell phone number changed.


When did the CA receive your DV letter, per the RRR green card?
 
Check your cell phone manual and see whether you can automatically forward calls from certain numbers. Forward it to your home phone and let your answering machine pick up. If you can do that, take a look at the link below and consider Caller ID Manager. With that, you can send incoming calls from certain numbers into "no answer" Abyss. For them, the phone will ring and ring, but you'll never hear it.
 
If you timely DVed, and they didn't validate, and they continue to call, then they are in violation. You might consider recording the calls and talking to a lawyer.
 
Regular Contributor
ariesdreamer
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎03-20-2007
0

Re: Debt Validation



Noah_Bodie wrote:

When did the CA receive your DV letter, per the RRR green card?
 
Check your cell phone manual and see whether you can automatically forward calls from certain numbers. Forward it to your home phone and let your answering machine pick up. If you can do that, take a look at the link below and consider Caller ID Manager. With that, you can send incoming calls from certain numbers into "no answer" Abyss. For them, the phone will ring and ring, but you'll never hear it.
 
If you timely DVed, and they didn't validate, and they continue to call, then they are in violation. You might consider recording the calls and talking to a lawyer.
 


They received it on 7/12. I'll have my boyfriend check my phone (I'm not cell-phone saavy). I'll try forwarding the calls, if I can, since I don't want to change my number! I guess I'll go from there if this doesn't work out. Thank you Noah!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}