Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Verification Question

tag
Madmax26
New Contributor

Debt Verification Question

Hey folks, 

So I sent a request for a debt verifaction to a CA on June 17, 2010.  I just recieved the verfication on August 3 ,2010.  I thought a CA had 30 days to respond to an inquiry clearly, they missed that mark. Btw, I live in Texas.  Do I have any recourse?  Is the 30 day timeline correct?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Debt Verification Question

Texas is the only state that gives a CA 30 days to respond to a DV.  So, yes the missed the mark and are in violation.  When did they sign for the letter?

If they still bust the 30days after the date they signed for it, send them a letter which quotes the TX Finance Code and tell them since they did not meet the guidelines to delete the TL.  See what happens.

Message 2 of 5
Madmax26
New Contributor

Hey Guiness, thanks for replying. The date on the letter is August 3rd.  I didn't request sign verifaction from the post office...crap.  I'm still going to send a letter with TX finance code in it.  What about calling should I give that a try too?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, never, ever, talk to a CA.  They may try to use whatever you say against you.

Just send them another letter stating the code and tell them you want it deleted.  Send it CMRRR.

Wait and see what happens.

Message 4 of 5
Madmax26
New Contributor

That's exactly what I'm gonna do.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.