Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt is mine

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Debt is mine

Debt is mine. I will have to pay it. Skipping DV. should I offer PFD via phone or mail first. Really dont want to wait 30-45 days for a response..and if they will not do a PFD should I try again later or just pay it and GW forever.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt is mine

Any communication is best done via mail for record keeping purposes. If you discuss the account on the phone, there's no proof as to what was said or agreed to. If you haven't admitted you own the debt, then I suggest first sending a DV letter. If they aren't able to provide you with the required documentation, then the debt should be removed. If you have admitted you own the debt, then I'd suggest going ahead and sending the PFD letter. It never hurts to ask. You may have a better chance to get them to agree to remove it if you pay a good portion, or all, of what is owed. Maybe try sending the PFD letter with a low-ball offer. If they decline, send another and offer a higher amount that you would pay. If it's on your CR already, what's another 30-45 days of waiting, especially if it ends up going in your favor. That being said, if the file is set to fall off your CR soon, you might just want to leave it alone.

Whenever I send anything to a CA or OC about problems on my CR, I always mail everything with return receipt to prove I mailed it, that they received it, and on what date they received it on. So whether you go with a DV or a PFD, I'd recommend mailing the letter certified or with return receipt.  You should also hang onto any documentation that shows the address that you were told to mail it to, just in case the CA argues they didn't receive it because it was mailed to the wrong address.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.