Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt reporting again after dropping off after the 7 year time period

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Debt reporting again after dropping off after the 7 year time period

ProudMomof5 wrote:
Santander may be an OC but that wasn't the OC I financed my car through.  I financed my car through Triad.  On my credit report it's posting as a chargeoff.  Even if they are an OC they shouldn't be able to start over the date of delinquency.

Santander bought out several companies and decided to re-report some old stuff. I'm just now studying this, but if the account is reporting bad on the FICO report it is because they may have illegally re-aged some stuff. Appears it'll be a fight for many.
Message 11 of 20
ProudMomof5
Contributor

That's exactly what they're doing.  I contacted them and they told me to contact Transunion which I did.  If they don't delete it I will report them to the BBB and if I need to I will send the BBB a copy of my old credit reports that show it's already been listed on my credit report for 7 years.
Message 12 of 20
ProudMomof5
Contributor

I filed a complaint with the BBB.  I've been working too hard this last year cleaning my credit to have something that's been reported for 7 years get reported again for an additional 7 years. 
Message 13 of 20
Red22
Contributor

My OC was also Triad.  I filed a complaint with the FTC...should I file one with BBB too?
Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 14 of 20
ProudMomof5
Contributor

I would try anything at this point.  When I went on the BBB website and looked Santander up they have over 500 complaints.  Alot of the complaints they received are regarding the same thing.
Message 15 of 20
newstart2010
Blogger

We had a car with Drive Financial years ago, and when my husband lost his job we turned the car into them.  Santander bought their debts, and even though the car was repossessed and left with no owning balance Santander is trying to collect for the remaining loan amount that we had BEFORE we turned the car in.  We also have no idea how to begin fighting this, but its a large TL on our credit that should not be there at all.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same situation. Car purchased from triad in 2000 DOFD 01/2003. It was removed from EQ and Santander posted on TU with new dates. Estimated drop off 2016. I filed complaint with BBB and AG. I disputed with CRA and came back verified. At the time i did not know that Santander purchased Triad so I assumed it was a CA. I sent DV and cam back with formletter "we have reviewed our records and the are accurate" I did contact an attorney and he has sent a letter asking them to provide all the info I have requested (signed contract and payment history since they are the OC now) or remove it. They also show the account changing from Joint to individual?? I have copies of other credit reports that show the original dates.and sent them to CRA and they didnt do anything. I paid $10.50 and requested my file details and am waiting on the results.
Message 17 of 20
Red22
Contributor

What state are you in?  I would like to do the same!

Message 18 of 20
ProudMomof5
Contributor

Who are you directing the question to? 

Message 19 of 20
Red22
Contributor

Okay you guys, This issue is just a pain and it's been taking way too much of my thoughts throughtout the morning...so I called Santander to inquire about the account.  After being on hold and transferred a couple of times and finally ended up in the Bankruptcy Dept., the CSR asked what was the purpose of my call and I stated that I wanted to inquire about an outdated account that was placed on my CR. He got my info and said when was the account open and I told him 2/2000. I then explained that this activity is against the law, etc...  I was put on hold for about 1.5 minutes (twice I might add). When he finally came back he told me that this was a Triad Acct. (duh) and asked when was the account re-inserted onto your CR, I told him 11/2009.  He said that they just purchased Triad in November 2009 and there is a glitch in their system and I should just dispute it with the CRA and that should take care of it. 

He made it sound so easy....but I know better!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.