Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt validation help?

tag
Angelus359

Debt validation help?

Hi,

I would like to send a debt validation letter to EOS CCA. They have a paid off closed collections account on my credit report for trace ambulance from 2008. This is in error. I have no idea why it's there, it's not mine.

I disputed it with all 3 bureaus. Experian, and equifax claims it is real. Transunion removed it within 10 hours of the dispute.

Because of this, my transunion score is nearly 100 points higher than my other scores.

Problem is, I have no idea where to send it!

I live in illinois. Anyone have the address of where I should send a debt validation letter for this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
md2344

Re: Debt validation help?

PM sent

Starting Score: TU 578 | EQ 561 | EX ???
Current Score:
TU 607 | EQ 587 | EX 589
Goal Score:
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the debt collector ever send dunning notice?  If so, when?

If dunning notice was sent more than 30 days ago, then the period for imposing a cease collection bar has expired, and the debt collector has no obligation to either provide the requested verification of cease collection on the debt.  Thus, if untimel, a DV will require nothing on their part.

Even if timely, response on their part need only affirm that they have obtained adequate information to verify the debt, which they have already stated when verifying the prior dispute via the CRA.  So verification would most likely be expected.

Two other options exist. 

First, you can send them a direct dispute over the accuracy of their reporting.

Your prrio dispute via a CRA most likely resulted in any supporting documentation or arguments not being forwarded to the debt collector by the CRA.

A direct dispute will ensure they receive alll supporting documentation and arguments.  They do have the option, once you have disputed via a CRA, to dismiss any subsequent direct dispute as frivolous or irrelevant, but they may not choose to dismiss.  Worth a shot.

Secnond, if you truly can state that you never had any dealings with the alleged credtior, then you can file a polcie report asserting that you never authorized any account with the creditor.  Simply sending a copy of that police report to the CRA will require the reported collection to immediately be blocked from any subsequent credit reports under the provisions of FCRA 605B.

You can also send a copy of that police report directly to the creditor, and require them to provide you alll business records pertaining to the account.  FCRA 609(e).

Message 3 of 4
Angelus359

I never recieved ANY notice, what so ever, at any point about this.

I discovered this account on my credit report, when I got the first got interested in getting my first credit card a few months ago (I'm 26, I probably should have started 8 years ago), was rejected, and then I got a credit report from free annual credit report.

It's a paid off and closed account from 9/2008

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.