Did you mean: 

Debt validation letter question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt validation letter question

RobertEG,
So would this letter sent CMRR suffice?

I recently pulled my Experian credit report and noticed that there is a judgement filed against me in favor of Midland Funding LLC. I am writing this letter pursuant to Section 623 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

I am disputing with you the validity of the alleged debt pursuant to FCRA § 623. (a)(8). I’m sure you know that you have 30 days to respond to me or delete the item from my report.

I may seek legal action under FCRA §623 (b) if you do not comply and respond to me with the results of the investigation within 30 days (as is required per the FCRA). I will also be forced to assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information.

To avoid a lawsuit, I request that you remove this item from my credit report. Please correct this mistake as soon as possible.
Message 11 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You need, above all, to accompany your dispute with supporting documentation, and explain how that documentation supports your allegation of inaccuracy of their reporting.

It is not enough just to say "I dispute."

I would also leave out all the reference to their obligation to follow the statute, or threat of legal action.  They are bound by the statute.  No need for a lecture.

Just make sure it is clearly identified as a direct dispute over accuracy of their reporting under FCRA 623(a)(8), and provide the facts and documentation.

It does not hurt to send a dispute CMRRR, as their date of receipt begins the 30-day period for completion of their investigation.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I got it.
Now as evidence I will have copies/transcripts of court order tomorrow. The court clerk is the one who verified the defendant's address etc which didn't match mine. I think though that the documents she gives me should have this information. Should I submit a copy of my DL and last 4 of my social with the letter? I also spoke with someone at the attorneys office (have her name and date of the call-was informed that the conversation was being recorded but I don't have a reference number for the call). Should I include (stating the name) also verified that I am not the responsible party on so and so date? What else do I need to submit to midland? Do I submit the same documents to Pressler and Pressler (their attorney)?

I already sent the documents that esurance and NCO financial needed to verify that I am indeed not the right person. They asked for a copy of my DL, last 4 of my social and the copy of my credit report (only the portion that shows their account) today. But this was done via fax, I have saved the confirmation page. Also, I have the name of the person I spoke with and time & date of the conversation. She also gave me her direct extension.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

An update-called experian, spoke with a really nice lady, she deleted the judgement and the other collection account for me. She did some investigation and verified that I wasn't the right person. Yay!!!! Waiting for a confirmation email now in the next 24 to 72 hours. Yay again!!!!! Thank you all for your help.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.