Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deciphering AFNI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deciphering AFNI

Before I send them a penny, I just want to make sure we are on the same page. They are collecting on behalf of an AT&T cell phone bill. I emailed a settlement offer of 40% of the original balance. And this is the response I received:
"Thank you for your inquiry. Your account will be reported to all 3 major credit reporting agencies as closed and paid within 21 days of the account close date. We do not exchange credit deletions for payments."

The account close date means in receipt of payment, right? "Closed and paid"?? I'm surprised they didn't mention satisfied or settled. Should I be weary about this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Deciphering AFNI

@Anonymous wrote:
Before I send them a penny, I just want to make sure we are on the same page. They are collecting on behalf of an AT&T cell phone bill. I emailed a settlement offer of 40% of the original balance. And this is the response I received:
"Thank you for your inquiry. Your account will be reported to all 3 major credit reporting agencies as closed and paid within 21 days of the account close date. We do not exchange credit deletions for payments."

The account close date means in receipt of payment, right? "Closed and paid"?? I'm surprised they didn't mention satisfied or settled. Should I be weary about this?

This looks like a standard response not specfic to your offer. I do not think they are accepting your settlement offer. The reply is exactly what others have receieved:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/My-PFD-email/td-p/4167980

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deciphering AFNI

@Anonymous wrote:

To me, it looks like they will accept the offer for 40% and mark it as paid, but they will not do the deletion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.