Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deed in Lieu going through

tag
CasperJack14
Contributor

Deed in Lieu going through

So I've been working very hard at rebuilding my credit even though I'm going through a foreclosure on my home (due to divorce).  I just spoke with one of the attorneys for the bank the other day, and they are going to be able to process a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure by the end of the year.  What does this mean for my credit score?  I mean I know it's going to hit it hard (just like the late payments for the mortgage have been for over a year now).  I have raised my score over 100points since June, so I'm just curious.  I have two more collection accounts on Experian - one of which I have arranged a PFD for.  I have two showing on TransUnion - one of which I have arranged a PFD for.  Equifax shows none.  My plan for now had been to garden and wait for my score to improve so I could apply for a refi for my car loan - but I'm wondering should I be trying to get that through before the Deed in Lieu hits my credit?

Starting Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Current Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deed in Lieu going through

I think it is scored on par as the foreclosure, though I bet it'll look a little bit better with that comment in the eyes of lenders.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.