jgoose5

Defaulted Student Loan

I am finally getting my feet back under me and have contacted fixmystudentloan.com, and am working with them to get my loan out of default.  How much will this help my credit scores?  Also, how do I get the previous lenders that had this loan off of my report now that I am taking care of this, or can I even do that?

Contributor
Davidngo

Re: Defaulted Student Loan

I have a similar situation; if your loan is defaulted and then rehabbed, they will only remove the derogatory comments during the period that the loan was defaulted.

MyFICO Pulled: (11/28/2012) EQ 635, TU 650, EX 661
Lender Pulled: (12/05/2012) EQ 635, TU 677, EX 641
Lender Pulled: (02/20/2013) EQ 667, TU 661, EX 648
MyFICO Pulled: (05/30/2013) EQ 712, TU 685, EX 686

Finally Hit the 700's as of 06/05/2013!!!
Established Member
KeepingScores

Re: Defaulted Student Loan

A relative is in a similar situation and I am helping him to find a resolution to his student debt default and wage garnishment.  What was the result of working with fixmystudentloan.com?  What did fixmystudentloan.com suggest and what did you get as a result?  Thanks so much!

jgoose5 wrote:

I am finally getting my feet back under me and have contacted fixmystudentloan.com, and am working with them to get my loan out of default.  How much will this help my credit scores?  Also, how do I get the previous lenders that had this loan off of my report now that I am taking care of this, or can I even do that?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+