Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in score adjustment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delay in score adjustment?

I had a ca removed via pfd two days ago.  This ca was only reporting on tu and ex.  I get those as fakos from freecreditrep.  The ca was removed, which was from 12-06, and it was the last ca on the reports.  No score increase, not even 1 point!  I had several other ca's removed (older than this) and saw increases of 30-40 pts.  Think it's just a delay?  I don't want to pay for a fico till I know it's worth it!

Message Edited by jennhalcyon on 05-04-2008 05:44 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delay in score adjustment?

jennhalcyon wrote:
I had a ca removed via pfd two days ago.  This ca was only reporting on tu and ex.  I get those as fakos from freecreditrep.  The ca was removed, which was from 12-06, and it was the last ca on the reports.  No score increase, not even 1 point!  I had several other ca's removed (older than this) and saw increases of 30-40 pts.  Think it's just a delay?  I don't want to pay for a fico till I know it's worth it!

Message Edited by jennhalcyon on 05-04-2008 05:44 AM

There is no delay in scoring. A score is a snapshot of your credit report. So when you pull a score, whatever is on your report is what your score is based on.

If the CA was removed when you pulled your score, it considered that.

What I find interesting is the amount of points you received for having older CAs removed while you still had CAs remaining and saw such an increase. Now that you have the final one removed and the newest, no increase.

FICO scores usually respond just the opposite.  With FICO.......the older the CA is and if you still have more on your CR, having one removed will not usually net you any points, while having the last CA removed and/or a newer CA usually gain you some points.

Seems your FAKOs from freecreditreport have done just the opposite. There is no definite relationship between FICO/FAKO and can't tell how one has moved by knowing how the other has moved.

If the CA is removed from your report, you can pull your new FICO scores anytime and it should reflect this.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.