Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Late Payments!

tag
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Delete Late Payments!

Hi!

I have 2 late payments on my Best Buy CC 30 day late January 2014 and 60 day late February 2014 Has anyone had luck with getting late payments removed from CR and how should I do it....call or send an email/letter?? And does anyone have a number or address I should contact. 

I just paid off my 3,700 balance, can I mention this as something in my favor?

Im sorry Im just not good at negotiating, I know the lates were my fault but I don't know how to convince someone to delete them. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delete Late Payments!

I had like 18 removed from Springleaf. I wrote a gw letter, although I had my bank statements to back it up. However they never wanted them. They just removed them. Fyi for 18 removed from 2013-14 I only gained 23 ex 25 tu and 12 eq. Not sure how many points removing 2 would give us, but at least they would be gone.
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Delete Late Payments!

You would need to get a goodwill deletion from them and that is done with a goodwill letter. I would mail them to the office of the CEO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.