Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Success!!!! (Part Deux)

tag
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Delete Success!!!! (Part Deux)

What a wonderful day Smiley Happy I just received an email from my college. Back in 2010 I got a 30,60,90 day late on my student loan. I ended up consolidating all of my loans with the gov't. Last week, I emailed the student loan dept at my college and asked for a GW deletion of the lates. She took the time to research my files and discovered I requested a forbearance in March 2010. After submitting my financials the payment processing company asked for additional documention and I didn't respond. The contact at the school requested said paperwork from the processing company to determine if I even needed to submit additional documentation. Just got an email from her this morning and she said,

"It looks like you submitted a request for an economic hardship deferment to XXXXI in March of 2010.  You did not supply enough information for the deferment to be approved and this is why ECSI asked you for additional information.

However, the documents you submitted were sufficient to consider you for a forbearance and it is my opinion that this is what XXXX should have given you when you did not respond to the request for additional information.  This is how my staff and I would have handled it had you sent your paperwork to the University.

Therefore, I will be willing to remove the negative history from your credit bureau as it is my professional judgment that you were eligible and entitled to a forbearance."

Oh joy! These lates report to EQ and are my most recent derog and are killing for EQ score right now. I'm soooooo happy she took the time to research it fully and determine that the processing company made an error. It's crazy how 1 little error can ruin someone's credit.

That's my inspiration for the day. So to those that may be getting discouraged, keep going!!! Don't give up!

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
esme
Regular Contributor

Re: Delete Success!!!! (Part Deux)

Congrats! Reading success stories help keep me motivated and I'm sure others, too!

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Wow that's great news! !   Time for a happy dance.Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Great job! Congrats to you. I know how it feels to have negative school stuff removed. I had a loan that I settled last year, and even though it was for only a partion of the amount I requested and received a PFD because they also researched and realized that I should have gotten a deferment and I didn't. I hope your score goes up in light of your recent good news. If nothing else at least that's one monkey off your credit back Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Thanks Papas! I hope for a pretty big jump. That loan was only reporting to Equifax and I have a Collection that's deleting that was only reporting to EQ as well. Since EQ is by far my lowest score I'm hoping for a nice boost in the next month or so. I also have other Medical collections that should be deleting shortly (fingers crossed).

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.