cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted From One Bureau and Not The Other

tag
gg1

Deleted From One Bureau and Not The Other

I've been lurking around these boards for some time now. You all have been like an encyclopedia on credit. Thank you for all the wonderful advice. You have helped me tremendously. Ok, back to business at hand. Hopefully you guys can help me with what to do here. I recently did online disputes with some items on my credit report. I had a Midland CO with an old Salute Visa. And I had Trident Asset Management. Midland deleted from one bureau and not the other two. The results of the transunion dispute came back with status of "New Information". Trident Asset is with only two of the bureaus...transunion and experian. It deleted from transunion and not experian. Experian came back valid. I never did any business with original creditor Columbia House.

I'm sure they're reporting a false debt on me with this. I've filed a complaint about that too. But in any event, how do I get Midland and Trident to delete from other bureaus?

Experian 659 Equifax 629 Transunion 654 All Ficos
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deleted From One Bureau and Not The Other

This is the problem with the dispute process from the CRAs.  It's not a very good system.  If you never dealt with Columbia House and you have an alleged debt with them, you should fill out a fraud report and have that TL excluded from your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
gg1

Thanks Shogun. I will do a fraud report. Is there anything legally I can do to Columbia House for allowing this? I have already filed a complaint with BBB.

Experian 659 Equifax 629 Transunion 654 All Ficos
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They could just say that they "in good faith", thought it was you.  I don't think it would go anywhere else.  I'd just file the affadavit and be done with them. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.