Zillarex
New Contributor

Re: Deleted debts?? Now what??

Ok thanks for the info
Message 11 of 18
Zillarex
New Contributor

If one collection agency fails to validate, are they really able to resell the debt to another company?
Message 12 of 18
golo
Frequent Contributor

I would like to know that too.
Message 13 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes.

The FDCPA does not compel verification.

It is a debt collection practices matter that requires cessation of their collection activities until such time as they provide a requested verification.

Failure to verify is not the same as being unable to verify.

Message 14 of 18
Zillarex
New Contributor

I'm confused I guess, I filed a complaint with FTC, BBB. Lvnv requested 30-45 days for documentation. They responded to the BBB that unfortunately they were unable to provide documentation from the original creditor..which was another CRA. The BBB emailed advised this account is now closed and they tradelines will be deleted. Which they are. After all this, they can still sell an account that they can't validate with documents??
Message 15 of 18
mmrgr
Established Member

How long after filing a bbb complaint did you get a response about LVNV?  Thanks

Message 16 of 18
Zillarex
New Contributor

Couple weeks
Message 17 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@mmrgr wrote:

How long after filing a bbb complaint did you get a response about LVNV?  Thanks

Mine took two months but others have had success sooner.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.